Caesar Salad

Monday, October 08, 2007

Hilton Treetops, Aberdeen

Booked in by a client I found out that I was down for dinner, bed and breakfast so took advantage of the client's generosity. Evening meal was £46 and all I had was a salad, a steak and a bottle of red.

Salad was apple stilton and walnut but arrived with onions, red lettuce and an interesting dressing. Steak was medallions of beef fillet and was a massive £10 supplement to the main menu but delivered medium rare and melted in the mouth. Is it significant that the two best steaks I have had since I started this blog were Aberdeen and Inverness? Served with an interesting haggis side dish (declined the tomato and mushroom but they still managed to slip 3 onion rings onto the plate) and a few bog standard chips. Very well presented.

Vin de Pays de l'Aude (one euro in france) a whopping £16-75 a bottle.