Caesar Salad

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fishers in the City, Edinburgh

Highly recommended by a fellow foodie and it was good stuff. Quite a nautical air to it with many fish dishes. I opted for steamed mussels in white wine and garlic sauce. Very good stuff. Big fat juicy mussels and the sauce was good enough to drink so I did (with some bread to add decorum).

A Ribeye steak served with wilted spinach and forest mushrooms. Side order of Rosemary scented chips and (yes!!!) mayonnaise which I couldn't finish. Add a couple of glasses of house red and it was an excellent businessman's dinner. Fillet steak might have been a better option but at £27 I thought that was a step too far as my subsistence allowance has been reduced to £20 a night because of the crisis.

Very restful environment; quite a few foreigners eating out and many opting for the fish dishes. The waiter(a maltese) spoke fluent spanish to reassure the diners.

Not cheap but good quality.

Recommended.