Caesar Salad

Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Stables, Maustin Caravan Park

Very secluded and reeking of quality. The resto itself was rather nice. A glass or red wine was thrown on the table (Shit - I'll get another...) Hairy Prawns ( I presume the noodles were the hairy part...), Rib eye steak, asked rare and got rare. Partner had black pudding salad which was also rather tasty followed by thai chicken curry. The quality was good and the shiraz was a nice wine. Pity I was driving and couldn't go for a bottle rather than a glass.

Asked specifically for half the number of chips they were going to give me but no chips arrived at all until we prompted them and then they overcompensated for their forgetulness by supplying far too many chips. When will they learn. I'm not an american I'm a brit. If I ask for very few chips I only want a few chips. Quantity never beats quality.

Bill was nearly £100 for 4 people but maybe it was the drink that cost the money.