Caesar Salad

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Kings Cross Premier Travel Inn

Very convenient. You could put your pyjamas on in Leeds (and your dressing gown of course) and take a quick 2 hour train to arrive at the Travel Inn ready for sleep. They do food and they do Chicken Caesar salad but it was shock horror cold! Call me new fashioned but I like to know my chicken has at least undergone chemo to remove its salmonella.

Worse I drank a pint of beer. Not your traditional pint of Tetleys at £1-80 with a foamin' head but a glass of Hoegaarden. Nice enough drink although I had to step in swiftly to avoid the slice of lime being added to the glass - It's beer innit? who puts lime in beer? Is this life on Mars? - The major shock was the price - £3-58. In Belgium you can drink it for an evening for this price...
Yes I did drink lager and lime when I was student but that was Roses Lime cordial not an actual fruit.