Caesar Salad

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Les Parallels, La Palmyre, back end of the season


I was bowled over. Previous night the only food I'd found was a pizza which fell in the category of refuelling for €15 but this place was sooo good.

I went for a gastronomique menu at €31 and chose foie gras for starter. This arrived with a million different items on the plate. Fig bread, pollen balls, mixed salt, mango mousse, salade. An amazing range of tastes. Extra bread as required.

Mains was also good. Roast beef (origin posted on the wall next to the menu) and dauphnoise potatoes with more salad and gorgeous pineau gravy.

Dessert was pear sald underneath a grilled St Marcelline cheese with another salad. (one too many maybe) and all this was accompanied by a pichet of local Bordeaux red wine. I was so full that I couldn't take the 4th course.

I never knew that I could get food of this quality in La Palmyre. Now I'll be there once a week when I'm in the vicinity. Brilliant and friendly.